Sunday, October 03, 2010

This Is What A Hooker Fan Looks Like Vol. 2


It's all in the attitude. Just throw those mitts in the air like you just don't care... about anything but punk rock radness! This lovely lady is Steph, friend of dead hookers everywhere, looking awesome in indie support and fashion. Thank you for sporting the T, Steph. You are beyond lovely and you're doing my favorite pic pose!



The 'Sign of the Horns' is rad. But where did it come from? And why do we use it to underline what we're passionate about? Let's see what rock-God, Ronnie James Dio, had to say:
From a 2001 interview with Ronnie James Dio on Metal-Rules.com:

Metal-Rules.com – "I want to ask you about something people have asked you about before but will no doubt continue to talk about, and that is the sign created by raising your index and little finger. Some call it the "devils hand" or the "evil eye." I would like to know if you were the first one to introduce this to the metal world and what this symbol represents to you?"

R.J. Dio – "I doubt very much if I would be the first one who ever did that. That's like saying I invented the wheel, I'm sure someone did that at some other point. I think you'd have to say that I made it fashionable. I used it so much and all the time and it had become my trademark until the Britney Spears audience decided to do it as well. So it kind of lost its meaning with that. But it was...I was in Sabbath at the time. It was symbol that I thought was reflective of what that band was supposed to be all about. It's NOT the devil's sign like we're here with the devil. It's an Italian thing I got from my Grandmother called the "Malocchio". It's to ward off the Evil Eye or to give the Evil Eye, depending on which way you do it. It's just a symbol but it had magical incantations and attitudes to it and I felt it worked very well with Sabbath. So I became very noted for it and then everybody else started to pick up on it and away it went. But I would never say I take credit for being the first to do it. I say because I did it so much that it became the symbol of rock and roll of some kind."


Now all I need to do is get Dio a Hooker T and this post is complete! Hmm... Thank you for all the pictures, messages, and everything, boys and girls. The film would have no life without you and I am so grateful. Keep those pictures and messages coming -- we want to hear from you all!

Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment