Friday, December 07, 2012

Fangoria Sits Down With the Twisted Twins



Sylvia Soska adds, “I think we’re really fucked up, though, because we never thought we were making horror movies; we just made disgusting, horrible things happen. People were like, ‘Oh, it’s a horror movie.’ ‘Oh, I guess if you eviscerate someone, that’s horror.’ ” 
When it comes to their collaborative approach, Jen explains, “We dabble in everything, but we absolutely divide and conquer. With AMERICAN MARY, Syl focused more on our primary cast and our cinematography, and I did a lot of the effects and the prosthetic work as well.” 
Sylvia adds, “Jen’s a real nerd and a stickler for detail, and I just go insane into the look and things like that. I honest to God don’t know how people do it when there’s only one director, because we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off half the time.” 
The so-called “Twisted Twins” are a unique force in the horror genre, and Jen believes that carries over into AMERICAN MARY as well. “It’s unlike anything being made right now. Our goal was to create something very, very different. As long as there’s a reaction; indifference is the worst thing. Either love it or hate it, and I’ll be fucking thrilled.” “Ditto—she stole my answer!” Sylvia deadpans.

READ ALL THE RADNESS IN THE FULL PIECE HERE.

-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment