Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spooky Sean and Dead Hooker In A Trunk

When we wrote DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK, we considered something that most only consider when making a video game. Re-playability or, in this case, re-watch-ability. If you pay close attention to scene one, you will be treated to characters that you won't really meet until much later in the film, but they're there. Cowboy Pimp, our Hooker (not yet dead), Sketchy Guy, and even our mysterious Killer. We had hoped that we made a film that was the grindhouse equivalent of lying down in your own bed after a long day. That familiar, happy, coming home feeling.

Spooky Sean is an absolutely astounding writer. He blogs, he reviews, and he is currently writing a novel that is nothing short of brilliant. He is also our friend, but being so, he doesn't pull his punches. I expect my closest friends to be the first to point out what they don't like about our work. To quote one of my favorite cinematic masters (guess who), "I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo." The "yes men" of the world benefit no one.

Sean was kind enough to review our DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK and he tells it like it is. And I respect him for it. I've teased quite enough. Wanna see what he wrote? Well, here is the main course, the FULL ARTICLE itself.

Please enjoy and a special thanks to Spooky Sean for being just wonderful.

XO,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me grin like a simpleton, consistently. Long live the Twisted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, should be "he writes, he reviews", little bit of a typo-rino dere.

    ReplyDelete