Tuesday, May 10, 2011

13 - Unlucky for Some, A Huge Honor for Us


Throughout the past few years, there have been some really lousy genre movies released, and sadly, it's the bad ones that seem to be more easily remembered than the good films.

Therefor, I decided to put together a list of 13 recent horror films that you really MUST see. Most of these are low budget indie films, but there are a few others thrown in, for good measure. I'm listing them in no particular order, so please don't take this as an ordered list.
- Scott Ruth


Let me be the first one to tell you this, if you haven't already heard, Scott Ruth is one hell of a guy. He's made us cry - happy tears - for his empathetic look at our project and all the incredible independent talents that came together to make the film exist. Today, I came upon this new huge honor and privilege. Scott's 13 list included DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK and quite radly coming in at the thirteenth spot. Uber rad.

"There is one grind house type film that I feel is better than Hobo With A Shotgun and that film is Dead Hooker In A Trunk! Do you remember the always fun classic movies, movies back when movies were cool, that involved a group of people, often friends, who are suddenly, and unwillingly, thrust into a dangerous situation, forced to either deal with what's landed on their proverbial laps, or face the consequences of their failure to act swiftly? These sort of films have always been a favorite of mine and Dead Hooker In A Trunk has brought back those kind of movies that have meant so much to me throughout my life as a fan of the cinema."


Dammit, Scott Ruth, I promised myself I wouldn't cry. That is hugely generous and kind of you to say, sir. Thank you for really enjoying the film - our biggest ambition was to create a film that was really fun to watch like the ones we grew up watching. It's good to know we got there.

Please read the entire list. I've seen almost all of the other films - I will get my hands on the others now - and they are fucking brilliant. MARTYRS may be the best horror film ever - it's just that powerful. No matter what your feelings, that film will haunt you.



Thank you for checking in, boys and girls. Thank you to all of you that have stood by us and our work. I promise this new film we are currently working on will be a suiting thank you for making this all possible.

Sylv

1 comment:

  1. Even though I have yet to see ur movie (epic fail for not having a region free player) that is truly amazing. I am so happy you 2 are getting the recognition you deserve and I also agree with you on Martyrs...Martyrs is truly an unbelievable movie because it jumps so many different topics and the ending is just draw dropping. Great Job Jen and Sylv :D

    ReplyDelete