Thursday, May 26, 2011

No, It Ain't 1994



And now for a break from horror and film...

Now, for something completely different.

I am proudly Canadian. When we hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics, my heart swelled with Patriotic Pride, something usually understated in us humble Canucks. When Canadian treasure, Sidney Crosby, scored that historical goal, I went out and gave complete strangers high fives and joyous screams, much like every other Canadian world wide. It was like world peace. Anyone who was there will tell you the same.

And now something incredible is happening in Vancouver again.

If anything is taken as an absolute truth about Canadians it is this: We love our hockey. The Vancouver Canucks are my team. I first fell in love with them as a little girl in 1994. This was the year that the had come the closet in history to winning the Stanley Cup. That year, we lost to the NY Rangers. It broke a lot of hearts. We have never since that day made it back to the final round of the playoffs.

Until now.

With a double over time goal, Kevin Bieksa made a city erupt with excitement. The Canucks will be playing for the Stanley Cup this coming week.
Will we play Tampa Bay? Or will it be Boston? We don't know as both teams advance to game seven. One thing is for sure. We have never won the Cup before. We haven't been this close in over 15 years. And the Canucks want it baaaad.

Sylv and I made some pretty bold statements at the start of the season. As you may be able to guess, we adore the Sedins. Sylvia's man is Henrik and mine is Daniel. I said that Daniel will get the Hart Trophy this season and would've gotten it last year were it not for his injury. I also said that Daniel will have more points at the end of this season than Henrik had last season. As bold as those statements were, Sylvia blew mine away.

She said that Henrik as Captain will lead the Canucks to win the Cup.

I said, "yeah, fuckin' rights. You're on, sis."

And now here we are. Daniel looks like the favorite to get the Hart this year and he damn well deserves it. And the Canucks are going to the playoffs. From underdogs to the favorites to win? Oh, hells yeah.

I love the Canucks. This is our year. And here's a little battle song for our boys.



Enjoy and GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!

XO,
Jen


2 comments:

  1. As I've said before, since my Flyers are out, GO CANUCKS! Wold MUCH rather see them win it than either Tampa Bay or Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT DID I TELL YOU...IF THE SAINTS COULD WIN THE SUPER BOWL THE CANUCKS CAN WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!!! JUST BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete