Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hayes Hudson's House of Hooker

"DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK wins two awards from me. First off, it wins my award for best title ever! Second off, it wins my most unexpectedly enjoyable film of the year. Not to say I didn't think I would like this film, but I just really didn't know much about it and being the Soska Sisters first feature film, I had my concerns. Well, you would never know this was a first feature from the directors. I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would for sure."
- Hayes Hudson, House of Horror


Like the best people on the planet, Hayes has always loved horror (and alliteration for that matter - double cool points) and his fucking fantastic (alliteration) site is there to share that love. It's like two people marrying for love rather than bucks and perks - you can't fake the real thing and it's an absolute pleasure to check his stuff. Yes, I creeped his site - I'm not too much of a creepo to admit it.

When Jen and I came up with the idea for DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK, it was a flashy fuck you for (alliteration) the 'film school' that ripped us off and squandered what should have been the budget for our final project. It was a fake trailer in the realm of the multi-collaborative and ridiculously underrated GRINDHOUSE flick which truly was all the film school we needed. That and like every 'Ten Minute Film School' Rodriguez ever made. The excitement over the fake trailer led to excitement for a feature and it was our main priority to make something crazy and fun that you could turn your brain off and laugh like a moron to for 90 minutes. The format - well, we were making a chick road trip flick with a very visible love for the flicks we grew up loving.


"As I stated before, it is very hard to categorize this film. It definitely has a lot of dark comedy elements to it, and reminded me a bit of the (very underrated film in my opinion) VERY BAD THINGS. But don't worry, you gore hounds will have something to enjoy as well, as there is a LOT of blood in this film and some crazy scenes involving a dismembered arm and someone losing an eyeball. That is all I will say about those things, as I don't want to spoil all the surprises for you."


Thank you so kindly to Hayes for taking the time to check out our HOOKER in his house of horror (alliteration) and writing such a cool piece on his thoughts on the flick. VERY BAD THINGS - dude, I love it when the leads get fucked up. Too often they are miraculously unscathed and where's the fun in that? Please clickity click here to the whole piece and see if this HOOKER is for you! (answer: yes it is)

~Sylv

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention on your blog! I can't wait to see what else in in store for us from you twisted twins!!!

    You gals rock!!

    ReplyDelete