Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Mr. Darko finds a Dead Hooker in his Trunk


The horror community is made up of many faces, people from all different places, all sharing a love of horror, and something else - the community consists of the best people on the planet. Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Darko of The Movie Log --

"I am an avid movie watcher of all genre's, although my favourites are horror and sci-fi. I will be reviewing every movie I watch and giving you my two cents. Feel free to leave your opinion or suggest movie for me to watch."


With the new IFC Midnight release of DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK, the film is getting seen by many folks. So what did Mr. Darko think about the flick?

"All in all Dead Hooker in a Trunk, is a great debut film from the Soska sisters, and is already being called a cult classic. While this is something we will only know in time, I must say this feels very familiar to another pair of horrors great icons. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, two friends with nothing but gallons of fake blood and a love for horror who created one of the great cult classics Evil Dead. That being said I already have my eye out for American Mary, the Soska Sisters next big feature and I look forward to seeing where they go next."


I can't exclaim the pure, unadulterated nerd joy these words give me. Jen and I made this film with the intention of making something fun, crazy, and entertaining like the films we grew up on. There's nothing better than hearing that people are digging the flick. Clickity click here for the whole piece.*

~Sylv

*we had ten times less than the amount that wiki says we did. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading. I shall be waiting anxiously for American Mary and wherever you go from there. Will it be two dead hookers, or half a hooker in two trunks?

    Also you've destroyed my confidence in wikipedia. :)

    ReplyDelete