Friday, November 30, 2012

Whistler WalkOuts, You Don't Say!



Whistler walkouts have Soskas smiling ... Vancouver’s terror twins, the Soska Sisters, were laughing as they told The Sun about their new movie, American Mary receiving the ultimate compliment for a Midnight Madness feature: walkouts. Dressed in clingy naughty nurse type outfits with matching black butcher’s aprons, the twisted sisters told The Sun there were lots of walkouts and horrified gasps. Said Jen, “I don’t think they knew what they were walking into.” Then she grinned. “It’s kind of a thrill for me. One of the coolest things that ever happened to me when I went to the movies is I was seeing House on Haunted Hill and a birthday party was in the row in front of me —”

Adds Sylvia, “And they were a chatty, annoying birthday party.”

Jen continues, “And as soon as the pencils went through a doctor’s neck in the first scene all of them got up and ran out screaming and I was like, ‘One day I’m going to do that. I’m going to make something and people are going to run out screaming and I’m going to be so proud.’ ”

Said Sylvia, “We were the first film in the late night program that they did and you just feel super special like, ‘Oh my God they picked me!’ Like at school we were nerds, no one picked us for anything except being beaten up and thrown in lockers.”

One of the film’s stars, Tristan Risk, a blue-haired burlesque performer who attended the debut of Mountain Midnight Madness in a barely-there pink leotard and strategically placed pastie, told The Sun, “everybody should go see the movie immediately. Take your grandmother and make sure she’s got life insurance.”

Read the whole piece here!!

-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment