Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Vagina Isn't My Resume - The Women of American Mary


"As I'm greeted raucously by the Soskas and Tristan Risk, I notice a willowy blonde sitting in the corner observing us. "Dammit," I think, "that's Katharine Isabelle. I didn't know she was going to be here." Sensing my surprise, Jen laughs and says, "This is Katie. She flew in last night." 
Katharine stands and we shake hands. "Sorry," I say shyly, "but I didn't prepare for you." She smiles, then drops her head and makes an exaggerated sad face. Jen says, "It's okay. No one's
 prepared for Katie."
The Soskas are road warriors, relentlessly grinding it out on the film fest circuit the world over. I'm extremely curious about how they manage such an arduous schedule. I mention that I'm still recovering from the boozy karaoke party a few nights earlier, during which the Soskas commandeered the stage to the delight of the crowd and performed a passionate version of Aerosmith's "Dream On." If this is typical festival life, how do they manage it on a nonstop basis?

Sylvia Soska smiles, saying, "If we had the choice, we wouldn't do anything but this. It's kinda what we live for."
 
READ THE WHOLE VERY HONEST & EXPLICIT PIECE WITH THERON NEEL HERE!!

-Sylv 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment